The alphabet challenge = [26 days – 26 letters in the alphabet - 26 different blog posts]
In the arrival halls in airports all over the world – they are all around you. Kisses are everywhere. They are the perfect expression of affection after being separated for a short or a long time. In the departure halls they are also there – sometimes accompanied by tears.
In some places like Southern Europe and the Arab world there is no greeting without kisses – and the number of kisses placed on each cheek is calculated from how long it has been since the last greeting.
There is the first kiss between lovers. The first kiss. The very first. So shy, gentle and longed for.
- the kiss that Judas placed on Jesus.
- the kiss on the knee of a child in tears.
- the kiss on the forehead of a little girl by her grandfather.
- the kiss on the hand of a beautiful woman by an interested gentleman.
- the kiss on the lips between an old man and woman who spent their lives together.
- the kiss blowing through the air from a singer to his fans.
There are also angel kisses – soft, light kisses on your eyelids when you go to sleep, a promise of sweet dreams and a happy tomorrow. You barely feel them – but you take them with you.
A kiss can show affection, politeness, passion, friendship, routine, care, betrayal, obedience, attraction, disinterest, defeat, love, lust and devotion.
A kiss is a truly powerful thing.